2.01.2006

Better late than sorry

I'm always late. Always. My friends, they know this... they've been putting up with this for years. But in lieu of the New Year, I thought it was about time that I changed. The perfect opportunity: my HS barkada's annual christmas thingy (which we had to move to January since that was the only time we were all free).

Anyway, as usual, potluck so we each had to bring something and, unlike my super responsible, almost stepford-housewife friends who actually prepare casseroles and shit, I volunteered my usual take-out Chicken Joy.

So it's Jan. 22, right? I wake up early (well, relatively), check my Palm: 2:00 PM - Proud Lunch, Deanna's House. I'm determined to get there by 2 to shock all my friends who, of course, will expect me around 3:30. I'm a little dissappointed to miss the first part of the Pacquiao fight, pero ok lang, I wanted to prove a point. So I leave the house at around 1 (Sunday naman so walang traffic), withdraw, pass by Jollibee, and head on to Deanna's. Excited pa ako when I got there 'cos it didn't look like anyone was there yet and I got the prime parking slot.

I was right. No one was there yet. So ayos yung plano ko. But no. I text my friend Cindy (who usually plans these things): "Hoy Cindy! Nasan na kayo? Ako unang una dito!"

At sagot naman ni Cindy:
"Wow! Talaga? Teka... diba 3pm pa tayo?"

Pucha... ganun na pala ako ka-late that people are giving me bogus times! Backfire yung plano ko!

Moral of the story: Wag ka na lang magbago. Madidisorient ang mga kaibigan mo.

Bnx, 9:52 PM

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com