8.16.2005
SAWI - Single Ako, Warning Ito!
It is a critique on people whose perennial hobby is to ask the question: "May boyfriend ka na ba?" and the follow up: "Bakit wala pa?" Now, if you´re single and this world is giving you a hard time by making you feel sorry for your plight, this one´s definitely for you.
Well, this kind of gives the impression that we singletons are über defensive about the, how do you say, state of things. Although it does tick me off to have to explain why I don´t have a boyfriend ("shet, malay ko ba? sila kaya tanungin mo."), it´s fine. It's not like I will start monologuing on how oppressed the singles are in a world apparently designed for two (it all started with Noah and his stupid ark). Excuse me lang but we singles aren't defensive in the least... and it isn't like we constantly bitch about the fact that we are single. Preconcieved notion yan eh.
...
Pero tutal nasa-topic na rin lang tayo... sige na nga, I'll just bitch anyway.
Remember the book "He's Just Not That Into You" and how I said that it doesn't address the question "what if they're NEVER into you?" Apparently, the author does. You know what his answer is? Well, in so many words, he says "your time will come."
Bwiset! I hate it when people say that... your time will come. Tsuh... whatever. I understand that when people say this, they do so to be nice; they think that blurting out some vague thing like that will make us feel better. Here's a tip: it doesn't make us feel better. So, thanks na lang for the concern... but shut up.
But like I said... I'm not defensive or anything. Ü

