8.21.2005

Playing Catch-up

Damn, I'm tired... but in a good way. The past two or three weeks have all been dedicated to catching up with old friends. I've noticed only lately that I've been pretty much a shit friend. I remember birthdays months too late, I suck at texting back (nakakatamad minsan eh), plus I hardly get to talk to my family anymore--- and I still live at home!

Ewan ko ba kung ano nangyari... I used to be one of the first people to greet whenever it was anyone's birthday. I used to text my friends all the time... kahit panahon pa ng beeper, I'd page them stuff like "look at the moon, ang ganda" and other random, useless stuff like that. But now, I can't seem to find the time to do any of that stuff anymore. Actually, time isn't even the problem... I'm not sure WHAT it is.

Anyway, first up: a much-needed dinner thing with my high school barkada. Having the reputation of never arriving on time, and not wanting to disappoint, I got there about 2 hours late. Pero ok lang... all chika was on hold till I got there, so I didn't miss much. I-an is pregnant (finally!) and we're all pretty psyched about the coming baby, especially since we all know that she'd make a kick-ass mom, pedia pa siya... san ka pa, diba? We're a bit bummed that Christine is moving to Australia for good, but we all agree that she and her family will be much better off there, so good for her. It was cool to see Kats and Mike sliding so quickly and comfortably into the whole parenting schtick... of course, I guess they WOULD have to go into overdrive since their first-born turned out to be twins. Double the pagod, pero double din yung saya. The evening was so much fun... most of my high school friends have their own families so our conversations mostly revolve around mommy tips, and baby bottles, and the cost of tuition --- topics I have absolutely NO first-hand info on to share. But still, I always have fun hearing about their lives and stuff.

Kanina naman was my inaanak Lije's 6th birthday party, so I got to play catch-up with my college friends. Of course I see these people more often than anyone else, but lately, everyone's been pretty busy, plus, as Jen put it "Mare naman kasi, pang-bampira oras mo eh!" so it's been tough finding coinciding schedules. And although these people have kids and husbands and stuff, our conversations are quite different, mostly about work, travel, and lots and lots of old jokes that we never seem to get sick of. But of course, the line that cracked me up the most all day belongs to the birthday boy himself. When asked if he liked Spiderman since that was the design of the shirt he was wearing, Lije dead-pans: "No. This is the only shirt I've got." (Damn, can you believe he's just six?!) And even if our get-togethers are tiring ---ang dadaldal namin eh!--- I always seem more rested after touching base with them.

I also got to visit an old officemate of mine yesterday, so that was pretty cool. Paeds has always been a steady kind of guy so I'm glad I got to drop by his resto and blahblah away.

I really need to get back on track and keep in touch. You'd think, with all this technology, it would be easier to do that. Actually, it IS... and labo ko lang talaga.

Bnx, 12:57 AM

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com