11.21.2005
That's it.
This month SUCKS!!! Malas... that's the word for it.
I knew this month was going to get really rough. We launched a new show around 2nd week, and we weren't really given much time to put it together. Same old, same old. I'm thankful that our team is finally getting bigger, 3 new in-house SPs, 2 freelance, a P.A, a few freelance editors. The thing is though, more that double rin naman yung work ngayon so parang ganun din. During the last two weeks of October, akala ko talaga bibigay ako, be it emotionally, physically, whatever... basta I was pretty sure, one way or another... as in, bibigay ako. Awa naman ng Diyos, di sya nangyari. Pero eto ka... parang sinabe ng tadhana "aah... hindi ka bibigay ha? Pwes..."
Eh di heto na nga tayo ngayon... November. Araw ng patay, at isa nako dun.
First of all, and I speak for the rest of the team as well, walang katapusan yung trabaho... literal ha. As in it's been more than a month since any of us has had a real weekend. Work has been 24/7, daig pa duktor. I mean, it's fine kung fine. Although it really shouldn't be, work has become #1 priority for me lately (and when I say lately, I mean the past 2 or so years). I can't say that that isn't completely my fault, we always have a choice naman. At the beginning, no one forced me to work at this pace: 30+ hours straight, no sleep, stress-related eating, working weekends and whatnot. The thing is, I guess people got used to it that soon enough, they started expecting that of me. Kusang-loob yun na ngayon, parang obligasyon na. And my friends know how I am with obligations.
Anyway, so estabished na na non-stop work yun, right? Eto yung kicker: On one particularly long night (literally, cos I hadn't slept in 40 hours, a new record for me)... pucha, nawala yung cellphone ko!!! As in *poof* I figured I had just left it somewhere in the office since paikot-ikot ako dun... pero wala. Wala na talaga. ALL my work contacts... gone. *Poof* Bakit di ako nag-backup sa PC suite? Kasi, around a month prior to that, na-wipe out naman yung Drive C: ko. *Poof* So, wala na nga yung phone book ko... siyempre pa, pati lahat ng email addies sa office account ko nawala rin. Ayos.
Eto ka... I got a message via YM which had a link in it. Stupid me, I clicked the damn thing and, sa madaling sabi, my Yahoo account is gone, along with all my YM contacts. *Poof*
Haay. At least my leave has been approved (after a lot of grovelling and begging) and I'm finally going on vacay this week with my family. There are a few guilt pangs over leaving my team behind for a couple of days, although I really don't think I should be feeling them. Ewan ba. Ika nga ni Jon Bon Jovi sa Oprah kanina... my work should be what I do, not who I am. (For a glam-rock has-been, he's pretty smart pala.)

